May 3, 2011 by AnnMarie
SATURDAY CLASS UPDATE:
By popular demand, all Saturday 10am classes will be held at the beach until further notice. This class will be canceled during bad weather/rain. Beach class is at Neptune Beach between Magnolia and Bay Streets. Just bring a towel and water – nothing more is needed!
THREE MAY SPECIALS:
- Buy 3 months unlimited classes for the price of 2. $150 total!
- Purchase any time in May (does not have to fall on 1st of month!)
- If you currently have a multi-month memberships, the new 3 month purchase will be added to it
- Bring a friend for free and split the cost! $12 gets you both a one hour class any time in May.
- $40 Massage: Now through May 15th, Massage Shoppe is offering all Bunnies a $40 one hour massage as first time customers. Call them now to book your appointment and mention the Boxing Bunny special. Hurry! 904-247-8633
APRIL CONTEST WINNERS:
1st place: Bety won a massage and facial from Massage Shoppe
2nd place: Lani won a haircut and style from Rapunzels Salon (behind the new gym)
3rd place: Joya won a facial or microderm abrasion from Massage Shoppe
Random drawing winners: Jenny won passes to the Zoo and Abby won a Boxing Bunnies tshirt.
Congrats to the winners and great job to everyone who participated!
MAY CRICKET CONTEST
Just like the dart game cricket, you need 3 “hits” to close out all your Points and win the contest.
Each Point (15 through 20 & Bullseye) corresponds to an exercise you must complete. Close out all your Points first and you win! Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
The dart board:
Bull = 30 Push up burpees
20 = 2 rounds jump rope without tripping
19 = 30 Plank ups
18 = 30 Medicine ball push ups
17 = 30 Leg raises in the captains chair
16 = 30 Medicine ball slam sit ups
15 = Spar 2 rounds
- Each completed exercise counts as ONE HIT. To get a double hit do 60 reps (or 4 consecutive rounds). To get a triple hit do 90 reps (or 6 consecutive rounds).
- Do each exercise in reasonably good form: no stopping and no going too slow.
- Only one attempt per exercise is allowed per class. If you do not complete all the reps (or rounds) you do NOT score the hit and cannot retry until the next class.
- Must be completed in the gym.
- 1st place winner of last months contest cannot win 1st place this month
If you cannot complete an exercise you have some alternatives:
One Time Substitutions (can only use each once during the entire contest):
- Bring a friend for a triple hit on ANY Point you choose.
- Write an article about fitness, sports, boxing history, health, diet, nutrition, etc., for our blog for a double hit on any Point
- Share 3 new exercises in class for a double hit on any Point. Explain what muscle(s) are worked and how it can help improve daily activity or sports performance.
Once a Week Substitutions (can only use these one time per week each):
- Attend 4 classes in one week for a single hit on any Point
- Do 30 assisted pull ups for a single hit on any Point
- Do 15 handstand push ups for a single hit on any Point
We have a scoreboard in the gym to track our progress. I promise it’s not as complicated as it sounds and is going to be a lot of fun!